Parenting is wonderful. Sometimes it’s manageable and sometimes it’s just… not. Sometimes parenting can feel overwhelming. It may help to know that you are not alone, and it’s OK to ask for some help. That’s why our Parent Support Advisor is here to offer support, guidance and a listening ear to our parents.
How can we help?
Our Parent Support Adviser works directly with our parents in a non-judgemental way. This service is confidential and can support you with issues which are worrying or concerning you.
- Your child’s behaviour is worrying or challenging – either in school or at home.
- Any changes at home that you are concerned may affect your child.
- Problems with school attendance or not being on time for school.
- If you would like some help or advice on applying for benefits
- If you have financial worries and would like advice on where to get help.
- Applying for funding for your child.
- A family member is ill, or there has been a bereavement, and your child is having trouble coping.
- If you are worried or confused which school to apply for.
Hi, I am Rebecca Sobye and I am the Parent Support Advisor at Newquay Junior Academy and Newquay Primary Academy. Parent Support Advisors are here to offer support, guidance and a listening ear to families.
Parenting isn’t an easy job and at times things can get extremely tough and I am here to help with any queries or worries you may have. I can’t promise to have all the answers, but my aim is to work with parents, carers and families to find them and support you through this process.
I can help support families in a number of ways. These include:
– Meeting with parents and carers either in school or at home.
– Telephone/text and email support
– Parenting Courses and workshops
– Support in referring on to other/ more appropriate services
– signposting to services and other agencies for support and advice
Some examples of areas that I can help with are:
– Parental/ Family concerns
– School lateness/Attendance
– Transition (moving) through schools
– Emotional wellbeing
– Parent confidence building
– Child/ Parent relationship breakdown
Please feel free to contact me at any time. I am available every day during term time.
Mrs Rebecca Sobye
Parent Support Advisor
Here are some links that you may find helpful: