At Newquay Primary Academy, we believe that a certain standard of dress is conducive to producing the right atmosphere for effective learning to take place and can help promote good social values. We wish to promote a positive public image of the academy and the way our pupils behave and are dressed can make an important contribution to this. All pupils are expected to wear academy uniform, which we believe provides our pupils with a sense of identity and a feeling of pride.
Boys and girls are expected to wear:
- Dark blue academy badged sweater/cardigan
- Light blue cotton, long or short sleeved, buttoned polo shirt
- Grey tailored trousers or shorts (not tight, lycra or denim)
- Grey skirt or pinafore dress (knee length)
- Grey, black or dark blue tights (no leggings)
- Pain black socks
- Plain black shoes – no boots which exceed ankle height (Trainers, trainer type shoes, canvas shoes are allowed)
- Blue and White Gingham dress (summer term only)
Uniform colours have been chosen so that parents can buy cheaper alternatives at local supermarkets if they so wish.
For reasons of hygiene and health and safety, we ask that all children have a change of clothing for PE. Children should wear:
- Light blue academy badged t-shirt
- Black shorts
- Suitable footwear for physical activities
- Headbands should be worn (or hair fastened back) by pupils who have long hair in PE
Don’t forget to clearly mark all children’s clothing with their name.
For safety reasons – no jewellery other than watches and stud earrings are permitted. Should any parent wish to discuss specific reasons for a child to wear jewellery, please contact the academy directly. The children accept full responsibility for their safe-keeping, although the class teacher will happily keep them secure during sports lessons.
Trousers, skirts, shorts, shirts and summer dresses are available to buy in local supermarkets.
Reception children will also need to bring a pair of wellington boots and a wet weather suit on the first day of term, which can be kept in the academy for the duration of their first year.
Currently due to the additional COVID-19 measures in place, on PE. days children are asked to come to school wearing their PE. kits. Hoodies are also available to buy via Macron Store South West for additional warmth, but are not compulsory. Your child’s teacher will be able to confirm which day your child will do PE.
Parents are regularly encouraged, through the academy newsletter, to bring in secondhand uniform to the academy. We wash it and regularly advertise second hand uniform sales on our academy Facebook page.