At Newquay Primary Academy we are committed to creating an environment where exemplary behaviour is at the heart of productive learning. Everyone is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, to accept responsibility for their behaviour, and to encourage others to do the same. Our behaviour policy guides our staff to teach self-discipline, rather than blind compliance. It echoes our core values with a heavy emphasis on respectful behaviour, a partnership approach to managing poor conduct, and dynamic interventions that support staff and learners.
We are a caring community. Our values are built on mutual trust and respect for all. Our behaviour policy is designed to support the way in which all members of our school can work together in a supportive way. It aims to:
- Create a culture of exceptionally good behaviour: for learning, for community, for life.
- Ensure that all pupils are treated fairly, shown respect and encouraged to promote good relationships.
- Refuse to give pupils attention and importance for poor conduct.
- Help pupils to take control over their behaviour and to be responsible for the consequences of it.
- Build a community which values kindness, care, good humour, good temper, obedience and empathy for others.
- Promote community cohesion through improved relationships.
- Ensure that excellent behaviour is a minimum expectation for all.
Our behaviour policy is not primarily concerned with rule enforcement. It is a means of promoting good relationships, so that everyone can work together with the common purpose of helping each other to learn together. Our behaviour policy is designed to encourage good behaviour, rather than merely deter anti-social behaviour. We recognise and promote good behaviour; we believe that this will develop an ethos of kindness and co-operation.
Our Behaviour Policy can be viewed in the Policies section of our website.